Saturday, October 8, 2016

Vampires: The Kind You Should Be Afraid Of.....

I love people who take chances; who are ambitious and do things that scare them for the betterment of their own lives, those who aren't afraid to color outside the lines. It's not easy to take a chance and go after something you really want because the chance of disappointment is always lurking about; but it's the people who try anyway, refusing to allow fear to take over, that I respect the most. They inspire me.

It's for this reason that I support anyone who does something (positive) to move their lives forward. I love hearing stories of people were unhealthy changing their diet and lifestyle. I smile whenever someone talks about going back to school or are learning a new skill. I'm impressed when people make an effort in their own lives even though it would be easier to sleep in on the weekend or watch Netflix all day; they choose instead to find the time to go after what they really want. Not to suggest goals have to be lofty; you may not want to win an Academy Award or climb the highest mountain, but taking a chance may be as simple as changing the way you view the world or dropping that friend who always lets you down.

It might surprise you that what I dislike isn't the opposite; I don't necessarily have an issue with people who aren't so inclined - whether it be due to laziness or lack of confidence, they may still get there when it's their time. Actually, the people who really frustrate me are those who don't support other people's goals. There's nothing more annoying than someone who tries to knock down other people's dreams simply because they can't envision them or have none of their own, therefore assume they aren't possible. However, having said that, it's understandable. If you can't envision an amazing life for yourself then it's easy to see how you may not be capable of envisioning success for others.


For that reason, I think the most frustrating people are the obvious attention seekers of the world; we're talking about the people on your Facebook list who let everyone about all their successes but never support others in the same way they expect to be supported. We're talking the people who practically want a parade every time they have a successful bowel movement or go to the gym but remain blissfully unaware or uninterested in what others are doing. Nor do they care.

Some people may call them narcissists. Others may call them assholes. Personally, I call them energy vampires; and we're not talking about the kind of vampires I've been known to write about - sexy, savvy or smart - we're talking about the self-absorbed yet, quite often, terribly insecure jerks who only are aware of your presence when you're around to pat their back. If put on the spot, they will pretend to care about your life but as with everything, action speaks much louder than words.

Personally, I'm happy when people are excited about my accomplishments but at the same time, I'm also very excited when other people succeed. I don't even have to know the person to be happy that they've reached a goal, overcome a struggle or took a chance to better their lives. That's not the point. The point is that you get more out of life if you support others than if you look for support.


The more I do in life and the more I accomplish, the more I see the people in my life changing. Sometimes it can be a bit of an eye opener, but for every person that I've left (or will leave) behind, I find new, positive, awesome person who I wholeheartedly support and who does the same for me. If we can't do that for each other, then what's the point?

Mima is the author of Fire and the prequel, A Spark before the Fire, as well as The Rock Star of Vampires  Her Name is Mariah and Different Shades of the Same Color. Join Mima on Facebook, TwitterG+ and Goodreads also, check out her Amazon Author Page

For some reading, check out her blogs – personal or writing                                               








No comments:

Post a Comment